Saturday, September 30, 2006

Dragon Slayer

I was looking over the letters and cards that people had given me because I was leaving (feeling a little homesick) and a very wise woman wrote something very special on a card that she had given me. It reads "A princess never slays the dragon and you wonderful Jesse are a dragon slayer". Don't get me wrong, I am a princess in the sense that I'm God's child and because he is the King I am automatically a princess but it was in reference to me wanting to be wrapped in a bubble sometimes.

A large part of me has always loved the Disney princess' because I wanted to live in a fantasy world where you only go through a few little bumps on the road but evrything works out fine in the end and they live happily ever after. But I was talking to this woman about not just being a princess that is going to sit back and let other people around me save the day and slay the dragons for me but for me to be the dragon slayer.

So with where I am now, I don't really even have the choice to have other people slay the dragon because if I was waiting for others to slay the issues/problems/demons for me' I'd be waiting a very long time. So as I arm myself with the armour of God (Ephesians 6:12-18) I will slay the dragons that surround me and the dragons that are even over the oceans. We must fight.

I pray that God would use you as a slayer and that you would be accepting to God's calling. So take up you sword and defeat those dragons in your lives and others.

May the LORD bless you more than you can contain. To the point of overflowing onto others

No comments: