Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rest

I'm feeling a little lost to be honest. This week I'm preparing myself for my summer placement, which is only like 4 weeks away. I'm meant to be spending as much time as possible resting and just enjoying some quite time. So last night I had the opportunity after cell group to do that but when I sat down to chill I wasn't able to sit still. It's been so long since I've really had the chance to bludge, I'm not sure if I even know how to now. I'm used to having people around me all the time that instead of staying by myself I went out and hung out with some of the kids here.

I would really love some prayer about this. Just that I can rest and be revitalized. It's not that I'm not tired, I just feel like there is some much to do while I'm still here so how can I sit still. Please pray for a release from over doing myself because I know it's better to rest and have a lot of energy than to be constantly running on almost empty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey jesse.

I once read something like this: Laziness is a necessity of life. Sometimes you need to sit still and conciouly think that i need to do this. So, just start thinking that. Give yourself to be lazy and bludge and do nothing.

Stay awesome jesse

Andrew Johnson

Aurora said...

Rest is a commandment. 6 days to work, and the seventh day is Sabbath, a day of rest. You have a commandment to rest, so enjoy it!

I used to think I had to be like Jesus, and in my head that meant that it was on my shoulders to be the Savior to everyone I met, but when I left and returned home a few years later, I found out that Jesus could do His work with or without me...what a relief! Jesus is there, in your midst. Yes, you have Jesus in you, and you are an example of Christ, but you don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders....Jesus already did that. So let your hang out times be ajoy, and let your rest times be free of worrying about all the other things you 'could' or 'should' be doing. Find your place of holy solitude, and stay there a while.
Much love, sister!

sixonefour said...

wow. wise words eh?
great blog Jesse.
keep it up.
love
H