Friday, March 23, 2007

Simplicity

How can simplicity not really be that simple. With it being caught up in legalism and religious well over done views, how can one really know if they are doing what God wants them to be doing as a way of life. I get that living simply you are not to love money and possessions etc, which I already knew because you can't love both money and God but then there is the other extreme where you over do it (asceticism) and become so anal that you don't enjoy the blessings that God wants to bestow upon you and then you can also get caught up in the whole pride things where you want everyone to know what your doing and thinking that you are better than other s because you are doing it to a bigger extreme and then simplicity doesn't just apply to objects but also to words, eating, what you do with your time and so on...... It can get so confusing and can tear your brain in two.

But I've come to understand that I can live a simplistic life and receive God's blessings as long as I don't put it before God and that I don't hoard it either and letting my yes and no mean just that (yes or no) and not be be all like "look at me" for it either.

Blessings

No comments: