Thursday, August 09, 2007

Facing reality

So I had the absolute pleasure of getting the morning and afternoon off yesterday and the morning off today. For the entire time I was just thinking and praying and listening to God because he has revealed some stuff to me that has thrown some of my plans out of whack, which is cool though because I would rather live in God's amazing perfect plan as appose to my own in which I would have to do it in my own strength (which isn't that much) and fail as to who God wants me to be.

I was doing an essay on Tuesday about Commissioner Emma Booth-Tucker in which I had to read her articles in 'the officer' (a Salvation Army magazine) from the years 1893-1895 and write on her views on international mission, which I will admit hit me really hard. I had this plan of going to university, getting a degree, settling down, have a home and a family, you know all that normal stuff which I believe would be an incredible life but God has something else in store for me which I have known for a while now but never wanted to admit it because I didn't want somethings to change.

In January 1893 Commissioner Emma Booth-Tucker wrote:
"Yes, this is our field. Wherever on earth there is a soul, there, in measure must beat the heart of The Salvation Army''
So that's where I'll be. I'm going to become a solider. Not just one who is doing it because they feel it is their next step as a Salvationist but because God has been calling me to it for a long time now but I didn't want it to be something that was taken lightly. I am already a solider of God, I now just going to make it better know and wherever the Lord leads me that's were I'm going to be from here on out (Don't stress Mum I'm still coming back to Australia in 4 weeks) Love you all and be prepared

Blessings

Galatians 1:10 'Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.'

1 comment:

sixonefour said...

woooowwwweeeeeeeeeeee!

good on ya' girl!