Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

So today was my first thanksgiving and I don't really understand what it's all about. Like I get that there was something about the native Americans and that but I don't get why we need to have a day set aside to be thankful. Shouldn't we be giving thanks to God all the time anyway and I'm not talking about saying grace before a meal (that can be more of a religious spirit than actually being thankful) but for everything. I'm from a country that is rather wealthy were if I can get money the government will help out till I can sort myself out. I don't have to sleep in a cardboard box, I don't have to rummage through the trash to find food. My sister's baby girl came into this world healthy although there were complications throughout the pregnancy. My parents support what I'm doing here although they don't have the same beliefs as me. I have people in this country supporting me and being a friend although I'm an alien to this place. I have a God that looks out for me ad loves me. A God who knows me by name.

there is so much stuff that God has blessed me with so why do we here only have one day put aside to be thankful?

We should be thanking God with every breath in our bodies.

Praise and glory be to God

2 comments:

Gideon son of Joash said...

THANKSGIVING EVERYDAY?!?!?!? Where's the Turkey?

Aurora said...

"We should be thanking God with every breath in our bodies"...said like a True Worshipper!
Many blessings, sistah!
Aurora