Friday, December 15, 2006

DD's tears

There is this little girl who just moved to this neighbourhood with her Mum and Grandmother. She would have to be only about 2 years old and we call her DD. She is beautiful. All she ever does when she comes over to the community house is hug and plays with my hair (it's weird for her because is soft and is not a fro).

Travis and I were walking by her house to go to see someone and her Grandmother stopped me to ask me a few questions and DD saw me and started to hug me. Eventually I went to go because I still had business to attend to and as I walked off she started to cry and it broke my heart. I almost started to cry.

This arvo I was pondering on it and I started to think how that is like my relationship with God. He is crying out for us all to love him and we are often to busy that our daily bread can be passed as a quick 1 minute prayer. I challenge you all to really eat the word. Actually have a relationship not treating God like he is an acquaintance

I don't want my God to cry any longer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i want you to know that it does break my heart some time to about the kids. I just don't like to let people know.

Aurora said...

so, you're living with two boys now?? How's that going!!