Monday, December 04, 2006

Fast results?

I am currently reading a book by Dutch Sheets called "Intercessory Prayer" and I really liked this statement in it. It is "We don't wait well. We're into microwaving; God, on the other hand, is usually into marinating"

I often find with myself that I am trying to make God speed things up and it's totally not my place to do that (as if I have any authority over God) It's sometimes easy to forget that God's concept of time is nothing like ours. An example would be praying to see my family come to have a relationship with Jesus. I pray about it regularly and am wait on God to make it happen and I can sometimes get frustrated because you never know what could happen tomorrow and I want to see them all in Heaven and so I'll cry out to God for him to do something now but it is all to happen in God's time not my own. Now don't get me wrong God wants you to cry out to him and He's not just sitting back in his recliner chair just sitting back watching but he knows what time is best and we just need to trust him with it all.

No comments: