Thursday, February 22, 2007

Date with a prostitute

Last night I was thoroughly cleaning the house because we have guests coming on Friday and also when we get back from Canada and I here a knock on my back window. It was a woman who I'll call B (not sure if she wants her name on my blog). She is a new woman in the neighbourhood and she kinda stands out since she's one of the only white ladies that live in this area. She just moved here less than a month ago and I've only spoken to her like 5 times and have always told her that if she ever wants to pop around and have a coffee or anything she is more than welcome to and last night I was very blessed to have her take me up on that offer.

So I invited her in and we had a drink and just got to chat for a bit. It turns out she got married when she was 16 to the love of her life and was married for 12 years then she lost her husband 3 years ago to cancer and chose to cover her pain with crack and now to keep up her drug addiction she is selling her body.

It was so God leading the conversation because B hardly knows me and was willing to lay all her stuff out so I could know the real her (which she told me she tries to hide from most people). So that was my date with a prostitute who I love.

1 comment:

Lisa Johnson said...

thats pretty sweet. wish i could do coffee in my room.... we dont have a kettle... he he. i have found the people who r on the streets are the most open. i learn so much from them, so its pretty cool that she opened up. just side note, something i have learnt that has helped me... we call them prostituted persons here because then we arent 'labelling' them or associating them with what they do. i will pray for her salvation, she seems like an amazing woman!!! love you and cant wait to see u!