Monday, February 19, 2007

Marlo

So there is this little boy in our community named Marlo and he is seriously one of the cutest kids I've ever meet. He is 4 and is a pretty tiny kid for his age but what he lacks in height and the such he makes up for in personality and brains, like this kid can seriously have a full on conversation with you and you can completely forget that he is so young. He now lives with other family members so we only get to see him every now and then for a weekend at a time.

Last week he graced us with his warm smile and vibrant presence and even came to my Saturday kids cell group (church run out of our houses) and when he saw that I was running the cell group for his age group he started to do what he calls the Jesse dance. It's really cute and it's not the first time he has done this dance when he realises that I'm around and it even has words. It goes "Jesse's here, Oh yeah, Jesse's here, Oh yeah" and keeps go till I go and give him a hug so his arms will stop moving.

But on Saturday he managed to make me cry in front of him and the other little kids. I was in the kitchen of the community house heating up lunch for the kids and Marlo runs up to me and grabs my leg. He then looks up at me with a big smile on his face and says to me "Your my best friend. I missed you" and I just lost it. This 4 year old who doesn't get to see me that much anymore considers me to be his best friend and would even boldly tell me in front of others and it's not like I did anything to deserve his love, He just loves me I hug him and talk to him like he matters, because I don't just brush him to the side which is something every person should get but some just don't get any attention and don't feel special at all.

Please don't brush anyone to the side because they could end up being the biggest blessing to you like little Marlo is to me and just remember that you should be treating everyone like they are Jesus and every now and then you'll totally see Jesus in the eyes of another like I got to last Saturday.

1 comment:

sixonefour said...

good word sister.