Saturday, February 24, 2007

Princess Slumber Party

Friday morning (3:30 am)
Bang, bang, bang, bang!!!. Someone was at the door. I was the only one to wake from the noise. I walk down stairs and open my door in my PJ's an my hair all over the show. B (not her real name again) is standing at the other side of the door.
"Jesse, can I stay here tonight" said with a sound of desperation "I need to get away from there."
"Of course you can" I replied as I let her in the house.
"I sorry I had nowhere else to go" with tears welling up in her eyes
"That's OK. You know that you are always welcome here"

I then got her something to eat and drink and set up a bed for her on my couch. After a while I went back upstairs and stayed up the rest of the night praying for her.

She sleep solid all through the day until 4pm (champion effort I must say) and then left my house around 4:30 after having lunch and a chat. She was telling me that that night her flatmate tried to rape her and that is why she needed to stay at my house.
"I knew that I would be safe here. Thanks for letting me stay, it really meant a lot to me."

After she had left I was thinking, God totally brought us together the other day for a drink so that she could know that she has a safe place here in this house and that's because it is the house of the Lord too. It's a safe place.
I'm blessed that God is showing himself through us to other people so they know that he will protect and that she has a friend in us like we do with God, that no matter what time of the day it is, or how unsafe it maybe, or how scared, shaken and afraid we may be we can find a safe place in the arms of God.

So that's my blog on God's princess's having a sleepover in his safe embrace

No comments: