Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dates

Now as you all know as part of being at the war college here I'm not allowed to date for a year. Well last night I went on a date!!!!

Now that I've grabbed your attention I want to share about my lovely little date with DD. She's 2 years old and I'm her best friend. She won't talk to anyone else or even talk to me if other people are around but when she is with me one on one I can't get her to shut up (but I never want her to be silent anyway. She has such a cute voice.)

So last night around 7 I went over to DD's house and ask if I could take her home for dinner. We had pizza, ice cream and many chocolate eggs. I thought that she would not sleep last night because she was so hyper from all the sugar. But she fell asleep in my arms half way through a conversation. It was so cute. I carried her home and but her to bed.

But what I wanted to tell you about is the tears that came out of me when I was just talking to her because I realised that in 4 weeks I'll be going off to summer placement then after that I'll be around here for only 2 weeks, so really I have 6 weeks left with this little princess of mine. I was hugging her and she looked up at me and did her little smile giggle thing that first softened me and I just started crying. I prayed over her and spoke words of life into her which no one has probably ever done to her before. I know that she won't remember me by this time next year or even that moment but I always will and I'll always be praying for her and my heart and my eyes will always be crying for her.

I love my little DD.

No comments: