Friday, April 20, 2007

HYPOCRISY!!!

The dictionary defines a hypocrite as:
'a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.'

God has been talking to me a lot about hypocrites lately and it's really scary how we can read about in the word of God but kinda skip over it because they think they know it already and I'll admit I've been guilty of doing it to.

I'm not going to try to fix people or tell them what to do if I still struggle with it to unless we are working on it together and are holding each other accountable.

But I think this scripture really sums it up.

Matthew 7:2-4 says
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

I don't want to be a hypocrite and I'm choosing to become aware of it. Will you?

1 comment:

Hezza said...

wow.. that's a powerful piece of Scripture. The Lord served that one up to me about 3 months ago and I'm still sortof chewing on it. Thanks for pointing it out again Jesse!
Heather