Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Poverty

Today I decided to look up quotes from Mother Teresa today and I found this one that really stood out to me and I thought that other people needed to here it to so I'm sharing it with you all.

"We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty."

Wow. What a slap in the face, hey? That's what community is really about.

2 comments:

sixonefour said...

so how are you obstructing poverty in your neighborhood?
!
grace,
Heather

!Relle said...

HEy Jesse, Loving the quote....it is soo true.... I reckon the poverty of being hungry, naked and homeless is normally a follow on effect of the poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for...