Sunday, October 22, 2006

Standing firm

God has given me a new promise this week. It's found in Job 11:14-15 (NIV)

if you put away the sin that is in your hand
and allow no evil to dwell in your tent,
then you will lift up your face without shame;

you will stand firm and without fear.

Over the past few days during my quite time with God I've been handing over to him the sins that I've been holding onto. It is a hard process because they have been apart of me for so long and have sometimes even been used as a security blanket but not anymore.

Since doing this I have found that I have been able to stand up for myself more (which I've been struggling with lately) and I'm become less and less scared of what people are going to think when I voice my opinions.

It's hard I'm not going to lie but it's what God wants so I'm not going to hold out on him what he wants.

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Hey Jess! I love you so much! I am really up lifted by that scripture as it is also true in my life! I am so proud of you as I am sure your Daddy in heaven is also!
Take a look at my blog page, ahfacentral.blogspot.com.
Love you and miss you loads! Kerrie A